Sober companionship offers individualized attention for those who are struggling in their addiction. CAST sober companions provide support and assist in managing an individuals’ sobriety. Sober companions are a valuable asset in early recovery, following a relapse, or in times of vulnerability. CAST companions help clients get connected to the recovery community and create a strong foundation for continued success.
Sober Companions provide:
- General support for both addiction and co-occurring disorders
- Transitioning out of residential treatment to home or sober living
- Cleaning out home or apartment of any unsafe items, substances and possible triggers
- Daily activities such as getting to appointments, 12-step meetings, outpatient treatment programs, health & fitness, etc.
- Daily drug and alcohol testing
- Medication management
- Self-reliance and healthy independence
- Time management and scheduling
- Budget planning
- Integrating into local 12-step community
- Introductions to healthy peers
- Creation of a recovery support network
- Traveling into highly charged situations, including business trips, family visits, music tours, etc.
CAST Recovery Companions are available to work with clients full or partial days/nights or extended periods of 24-hours a day. Companions may remain with a client for a number of weeks or months at a time, based on the needs of the client as determined by the CAST clinical team.