Outpatient group therapy provides a safe, trusting, and relaxed environment to establish a support system amongst peers. Many people feel isolated facing their problems alone, and it is comforting to hear others share similar difficulties. The climate of trust developed in the group encourages individuals to share and help one another.
Group Therapy Provides an Opportunity to:
- Benefit by actively observing and participating within the group.
- Giving and receiving immediate feedback about concerns, issues and problems affecting one's life.
- Work through personal issues in a supportive and confidential atmosphere.
- Explore issues in an interpersonal context, which more accurately reflects real life.
- Observe maladaptive behaviors in others, which can be insightful to seeing one's own maladaptive behaviors
- Observe, reflect, and develop on your own and others' interpersonal skills.
CAST Recovery group therapy covers a variety of stimulating recovery-related topics:
- Sex, Love and Relationships
- Healthy Boundaries
- Early Recovery Skills
- Relapse Prevention
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Managing Mood Groups
- Grief and Loss
Other Outpatient Groups