Cast Women's Transitional Living is a sober living home for recovering women who struggle with addiction, alcoholism, disordered eating and co-occurring disorders. It is a place where women can transition from residential treatment to a new way of life while supported in a caring, safe and structured gender specific living environment.
Women in Recovery
We at CAST are sensitive to the fact that there are unique challenges that face women in recovery. Women substance abusers are more likely than men to experience co-occurring psychiatric disorders such as depression, anxiety, phobias, eating disorders and psychosexual disorders. Women are more vulnerable than men to the physiological effects of drugs and alcohol and the negative consequences of their using often produce profound anxiety, guild and shame, which typically keep them from seeing treatment. Treatment options that are specifically tailored to women and their specific needs offer the best hope for long-term recovery. Gender specific living arrangements minimize that guilt and break the isolation that goes hand in hand with shame. With that in mind, we work closely with each female resident to create a program that works for her.
CAST Women's Transitional Living is located in the heart of Santa Monica in a spacious Spanish style single-family home with a large private back yard, sky-high windows and soaring ceilings. The house is conveniently located close to restaurants, recovery meetings, stores, parks, the Santa Monica Promenade, Pier, beaches and the ocean.
We offer caring support and foster gender specific recovery bonds among residents while encouraging independence in assisting each woman build a foundation for long-term recovery that lasts a lifetime.
- Beautifully light and airy furnished rooms and grounds
- Residents offer the treatment option of CAST IOP program
- Chef once per week (some food included)
- Housekeeper once per week
- In house AA and recovery meetings
- Child and family visits arranged at the house
- Wireless internet and cable television
- Weekly outings to the beach, hiking, biking and museums
- Transportation provided to appointments, groups and meetings
- Gym memberships provided for duration of stay
- CAST academic advisors assist with college applications
- Paid Internships available through Black Sheep at CAST.